Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I don't get into Valentine's Day too much, never have. But, every year Vicki talks about how the kids at school get gifts from their parents and I think she was beginning to feel left out, so I gathered some things for the girls in the dollar section at Target and surprised them this morning with little gifts to remind them I love them.

Another first this year, the girls and I made their Valentines on our own instead of buying them from the store. They turned out so cute. I had all the supplies I needed on hand--plenty of stamps and printed papers and heart punches and glitter and enhancements to make around 60 Valentines! It was fun and I was glad to use some of the items I've collected over the years with my obsession with crafting supplies!

Tomorrow we're just hanging out with some friends, a great way to spend Valentine's Day!

I don't care much for the so-called holiday, but I do love my husband and my girls and I feel very blessed to have them. How I got so lucky, I'll never know.





4 comments:

Jami said...

It looks like they loved what they got. I love that you made their valentine cards. They turned out really cute!

craptasticcancer.blogspot.com said...

Looks like it was fun and very creative. What a good mom.

Naomi said...

What a special day- it's always fun to celebrate those we love! We sure miss you guys! Happy Valentines Day!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

I can see you are still at it--you crafty little gal. Cute blog Elaine. Hope YW is going well! Happy V Day and way to go for going to town this year!

One of my cards has been featured on Etsy!