
Okay, so now all of a sudden my blog is reminding me of my many journals... an enthusiastic start, then after a few pages, the rest of the book is blank. LOL! I honestly have not had much to talk about. Vicki and I are getting over strep throat. Two weekends ago Bridget had the flu. We're all ready for spring, that is for sure. So, no fun pictures to post and no exciting news to report or journal about.
The most exciting thing I've done this week is purchase my very first ever digital album! I've dragged my feet on this--always felt I must have the CD and hard case in my hands to make it real. Well, while Aaron was working his weekly late shift yesterday, I spent a few hours searching iTunes for some fresh music to put on my iPod. I purchased a little more than a dozen songs from people like Maroon 5 and John Mayer and then new people I'd heard of courtesy of the YW I am privileged to work with... like Taylor Swift and Fergie (my husband rolls his eyes at the latter)...
But today I was checking out Colbie Caillat (I'm not even sure how to say that) and I really like her sound. At first I was only going to buy a handful of her songs, but there were several more that I was pretty sure with some familiarity, I would really enjoy them. See, I'm difficult to win over with pop music... I rarely like something the very first time I hear it... I have to hear it on the radio a few times, or hear someone else play it a few times, then it becomes catchy and familiar and I want it. Sadly, people I could have really enjoyed, like Jewel, got overplayed and I lost interest. Avril Lavigne is still one of my favorites, but probably because she doesn't get played on the radio quite as much... but to be honest, I'm getting sick of my same old playlists and needed some new music to listen to.
Anyway, I had about 7 of Colbie's songs on my "definite" and "maybe" list, then heard the track that was a "bonus", only for those who purchased the whole album... So, at 99 cents a piece, it made sense to get the album for $9.99, so I decided to take the plunge and buy my first digital album! No regrets here--I just hope I don't over-play it and get sick of it, LOL. She's great! And I always have more respect for singers who play instruments, and even better, write some of their own music (which is why I love Avril so much). I love the sound of Colbie's voice and the pace of her music. It's fun and relaxing all at once. Her lyrics are cute. The popular song "Bubbly" is so cute. "Kinda tough getting older" (the bonus track) sums up how I've been feeling lately. My other two favorites at this point are "Magic" and "Realize". I love the harmonies and her low voice. I would love to just sit and watch her play guitar and sing live.
So, I think I give Five Stars to Colbie Caillat's album Coco... it's a good thing my first digital album is one I like!

Random thought here... I'll probably always remember my first digital album just like I will always remember the very first CD I bought as opposed to a cassette (Chicago's Greatest Hits) and first DVD as opposed to VHS (X-Men). Okay, anyone reading--TAG, you're it!--tell me your first CD purchase and first DVD purchase! =)
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Album Review: Colbie Caillat
Posted by Elaine at 10:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't remember the first cassette I bought but the first VHS I got (first Vail family VHS) was Mary Poppins. My first cd was Def Leppard 'Hysteria'.
Colbie Caillat is the greatest. I really love her music. I have no idea on my first dvd. my first cd i think,was wallflowers. how fun to go back and think about that stuff.
Post a Comment