Friday, March 7, 2008

President Hinckley

I came across this really cute picture of President Hinckley the other day while looking for other stuff online:



I love President Hinckley. He was such a cute old man, always waving that cane and making people smile. And what an example to me... he served the Lord until he died, he truly loved the people he served and wanted us to be a happy and righteous people.
I will miss hearing him speak at General Conference next month.
But, I'm so happy for him to be reunited with his dear, sweet wife.

Said he: “ ‘God be with you till we meet again’ … , my beloved associates. I have sung those simple words in a thousand places across the world … with love and affection. I have sung [them] in English when others sang them in a score of languages. I have lifted my voice with those wonderful and simple words on memorable occasions on all the continents of the earth. I have sung them in bidding farewell to missionaries, with tears in my eyes. I have sung them with men in battle dress during [times of] war. … In a thousand places and in many circumstances over these almost numberless years, I have raised my voice with so many others in these words of parting. God bless you, my dear friends.”

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love that picture. What a sweet man!!!

attack of The Mouse said...

Seriously, I have not been neglecting you on purpose. I just wanted to tell you correctly about how to line pictures up. I'm no expert, but a few things do help. First you must select a blog template that is "extended" maybe the word isn't extended, but it must be the wider version of the template. Then before you upload your pictures you need to select the size you want (I usually do small) and centered to "none". Once your pictures are in your word "like" document you can use your mouse to move them, side by side or however you wish them to be.
I hope this helps. If not, let me know. I am happy to share what little I do know about blogging. :)

moosh in indy. said...

I do miss him, and I also want to be his wife when I grow up.

One of my cards has been featured on Etsy!