I have in my possession a vintage upright grand piano that I'd like to offer to anyone who would give it a good home. I don't play enough to justify keeping it and taking up the space in our small home. It is in pretty good playing condition, but hasn't been tuned since 2001.
It is a Hallet, Davis & Co. piano, est. in 1839 in Boston. The first tuning signature is dated July 1940, so I know it is at least that old.
It has need of some work--it's been in many homes before my own. But, it is beautiful and probably has many more years of music to offer if someone is willing to get it tuned up and tickle its keys more than I've found time to do.
It's free--we just need the new owner to arrange for pick up here on the South Side of Indianapolis. It's large and heavy, so you'd need a crew, but if you've been wanting a unique piano and have room for it, it will be worth the effort.
Send me a note if you're interested.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Anyone want a Vintage Upright Grand Piano???
Posted by Elaine at 10:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What an awesome offer. Since I'm clear across the country I don't think I'm a canidate. I lucked out and got my inheratance early, my mom's piano. I love it. It gets played daily. Good luck.
The piano has left the building. Congratulations to its new owners. I hope they get many years of enjoyment out of it!
Post a Comment