
We watched the Vice Presidential debate tonight and I found it very exciting and very interesting. I didn't understand everything, but I understood enough to know that even though I liked Joe Biden, I definitely did not agree with most of his policy opinions. I agreed with almost everything Sarah Palin said and I was so impressed with how easily she stood up for unpopular positions such as being opposed to gay marriage and preserving the tradition marriage.
Last night and earlier today, I had done many Google searches trying to find the interviews of Palin that I had missed over the last couple weeks. I was so discouraged to only find negative coverage. Man, people are just ripping her apart in the media. I don't really understand it, how they can belabor a point like how she couldn't think of a supreme court case on the spot and repeatedly make fun of her, yet I've not heard a single media rep on TV or online make mention or question Obama's refusal to put hand to heart while saluting our flag. Have you seen this?
Maybe you've gotten a forwarded email about it (Snopes will confirm its truth), but has it made national news the way Palin's mistakes or character flaws have? No. His charisma seems to make people completely overlook some major character defects in his patriotism and lack of experience. I just can't get over the fact that more people aren't disturbed by this lack of American pride you'd expect in a presidential candidate. Joe Biden would make a much finer candidate. I didn't agree with everything he said, but I really liked him.
But, I loved Sarah. I found myself yelling "good girl!" over and over at the TV. She held herself very well, I thought, in contrast to the image the media has portrayed for her. In fact, as of this morning, I'd felt those same distraught feelings I felt at the beginning of this campaign--there's no worthy candidate, they're all liars, none of them know what they're doing... the media had done such a good job of making Sarah look kinda ignorant. But, not anymore, not after tonight. I'm back on board and ready to vote. The real live, unedited Sarah Palin is poised, well-spoken (despite the critics' opinions that she's too "hill jack", or unprofessional, in her vocab), educated, motivated, energetic, and hopeful, and I think she will make a fine Vice President.
I hope she wins. I want to be like her when I grow up... sleek black suit and all.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Sarah Rocks!
Posted by Elaine at 11:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment