So, we had to make yet another trip to the pediatrician yesterday. And Bridget has strep throat for the third time in two months. So, we go to the pharmacy that is across the hall from the pediatrician (in the same building) because it's cheaper than CVS and we're $826 short of meeting our $6,000 medical deductible...
We're sitting in the waiting area, waiting for the prescription to be filled. My girls are sitting quietly. Next to us is a father and two kids. Dad is on the phone discussing sports and travel for the summer. Baby sister is on his lap playing with a sticker (she looks to me to be about a year old). Older brother (who looks to be about 4 or 5) is a total punk and keeps taking the sticker from his sister. She cries, he gives it back, then he takes it away again.
I'm trying to ignore the situation, pretending to read a magazine, trying to hide the fact that I'd love to spank this little boy and teach him a thing or two, and then bop the dad upside the head and tell him to pay attention to his kids.
After a few minutes of this, out of the corner of my eye, I see Bridget take the backing off the Iron Man sticker she just got from her pediatrician moments ago.
Then, quietly, without saying a word, Bridget gets up, walks over to the baby, and gives that baby her own sticker to play with.
The dad said thank you. The baby stopped crying. Bridget quietly returned to her seat, again without saying a single word.
I just wanted to scoop her up and hug her and kiss her. I fought back the tears. She is amazing.
I love my Bridget!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Bridget is Awesome
Posted by Elaine at 11:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
What a little sweetheart. She probably also wanted to smack that little boy upside the head. What a good little example.
Hope she gets feeling better soon.
Post a Comment