Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm a loser!

That's right, I'm a loser and proud of it! I had my follow-up appointment with my dietician today and I've lost 13 pounds after only 5 1/2 weeks of this new lifestyle of crappy low-carb eating. Yes, it's been a very difficult 5.5 weeks, but I can see that it is worth it and I'm getting results.

I'll admit that I had hoped the weight would come off faster... I guess I thought I was taking some magic drugs or something... but the nurse assured me that I am right on target, that I've in fact lost a little more than expected. So, I'm very pleased. She looked through my food journals and told me I've done very well. It felt very good to get a "pat on the back" after so much hard work. Now I just have to keep it up.

It's too early to post a before and after photo, but maybe in a few months...

4 comments:

attack of The Mouse said...

Whahooo!!! That is news for a celebration. I am so proud of you. Way to go E. You are a great example. Keep up the all the hard work. I am cheering for yo.

JLB Family said...

Good for you!!!I am glad that you are seeing results.

Elaine said...

Thanks guys! And guess what else... I pulled out a pair of capris today I'd not worn in two years and THEY FIT!!! You would have thought I'd won the Miss America pageant!

Naomi said...

Yeah! You are so awesome, Elaine. You are the kind of take charge, positive person that is going to do great with this new eating routine. I'm cheering for you!

One of my cards has been featured on Etsy!