Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference in General-3 of 4

I love General Conference weekend. It's been wonderful to relax with my family and listen to the prophets and apostles. Tim & Jenny stayed overnight. Aaron & Tim went to the Priesthood session together last night. We stayed up late watching movies, slept in, and had a light breakfast before going on to listen to General Conference. Tim & Jenny left to Plainfield to watch the broadcast with Jenny's family.

It's been very interesting to also watch the special programs between conference on BYU.TV online. Right now a program is playing about Henry B. Eyring's father, the scientist. I felt lucky to catch a press conference with the new YW General Presidency as well. I learned that Sis. Dibb is President Monson's daughter. I am excited to hear more from these good women in the coming months.

President Uchtdorf talked for a bit about President Monson and how compassionate he is. He said we do not seek nor decline calls to serve in the church. He went on to discuss what the phrase "Faith of our Fathers" means to us, particularly as converts of the church, and even more specifically those of us who left strong religious legacies when we joined the church (Raised Catholic, I understood what he meant).


I was most impressed with the end of President Monson's talk... not only did he discuss how the Brethren have a sweet spirit of unity that exists among them, and how we should all show kindness and respect to all people everywhere, and how our homes should be santuaries against the storms of the world... but he also went on to say with notable strength and resolve that we can and will win this war against sin, so do not despair! He said that God loves us with a love we cannot fully comprehend and that together (again with that strong and resolute tone) we shall move forward in His work.



One more session to go...

0 comments:

One of my cards has been featured on Etsy!