Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Kelsey in Indy

Aaron and I are SO excited! Michael Kelsey is coming to Indianapolis again this month! We just saw him in concert this past January and it was awesome! His concerts are very entertaining! He said I am the crazy lady in his audience... I wonder if he'll remember me on April 18th if I hoot & holler again. =)

If you've never heard of him, Michael Kelsey is a local guitarist/singer/songwriter from Lafayette, IN who sounds like a 5-man band when he's up there all alone... he uses his guitar in ways I've never seen before... Genre? Um, a mix of acoustic rock, blues, funk, soul, pop, and folk all wrapped up into one.

Check him out:
MichaelKelsey.com
MK on MySpace

Consider this your official invitation--who's coming with us on April 18th?


Fri 4/18
Robert Park United Methodist Church 7:30pm
all ages show $10
401 N. Deleware St.
Indianapolis, IN 317-635-1636

3 comments:

Jami said...

Hey Elaine-
hopefully you didn't have a hard time setting that up. I'm addicted to it now that I know you can look to see who's checking in. Hopefully you find it useful!
Jami

Rebecca said...

this sounds fun. is this the one you went to with james and dixie earlier this year? we will have to check our calender.

Elaine said...

R~
YES, this is the same guy we brought Dixie & James along to and James loved it and wanted to buy all this new equipment after the concert... he went up and talked to Michael Kelsey and asked him some questions about things he was doing. Even if you don't listen to that kind of music on a regular basis, it's a very entertaining show--you really should come with us! Check your calendar! I'm anxious to see James play in a couple weeks and see if he incorporates some things he picked up from Michael Kelsey. =)
~E

One of my cards has been featured on Etsy!