
After YW on Tuesday, Dixie and Rebecca and I went to see Baby Mamma with a few other girls from church.
It was really funny! I laughed A LOT!
Tina Fey is very talented. And I got a big kick out of Steve Martin in long, gray hair (he kinda looked like the character Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter). Martin's character was so over-the-top and he's great at those kinds of characters. Angie's character was a total crack up, too, and just as much over-the-top as Steve Martin's. But, I don't watch movies to see normal, boring people, so I enjoy the crazy, unbelievable characters in movies like this. Sometimes I could relate to Angie (like when she's the one in the room who whoops and holars in favor of drugs during childbirth) and other times I could kill her (like when she sticks gum under the table and then pretends she doesn't know what Kate is talking about).
I always enjoy a happy ending and a good love story that conquers an hour and a half of crazy trials and misunderstandings and this movie offers those, with a nice unpredictable twist at the end (at least I didn't see it coming, but I'm not always the most intelligent person in the theater, so take it for what it's worth).
Probably not a movie I'll purchase, but definitely worth a rental when it comes out on DVD.

BABY MAMA Kate Holbrook (Tina Fey), a thirty seven year old professional who is determined to have her own child and who drafts a South Philly working girl Angie Ostrowski (Amy Poehler) to be a surrogate mother. When Angie is pregnant, Kate realizes that families aren't always biological, but occasionally formed through friendship as well.
0 comments:
Post a Comment