Friday, May 2, 2008

Movie Review: Ironman


I LOVED IT!!!!

Aaron and I went out tonight for dinner and to see Ironman. We both really loved the movie!

It's up there with Transformers, for sure. Not sure right now which one is my favorite recent flick (not including Enchanted), but I can say this movie was freakin' awesome and I can't wait to see it again!

Great acting! I loved Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts--I think being an Executive Assistant would be the coolest job! I would love being a personal assistant for someone important. I would enjoy keeping them organized, doing their shopping for them, keeping them on schedule... But Pepper's job is even cooler than that. SUCH a fun role she got to play! And Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man was just fantastic! I know he's quite famous, but I've never really seen any of his movies... but I was quite impressed with his acting in this for sure. His character was just amazing.

Fabulous special effects! I LOVED the technology Tony Starks uses--fiction is great!
Perfect balance of humor and action... just a fun movie to watch! Totally kicks butt!!

Only part of the movie that made me really sad (besides the sweet Yin-Sen character who helped Stark escape in the beginning) was when the beautiful blue sports car got smashed in Stark's experimenting with his new "weapon". I loved that little blue car. Why couldn't they have smashed one of the other ones? ;-)

So, go see it.
And sit patiently through all the credits to see the lead-in for the sequel (they've already signed contracts for part two and I can't wait to see it!!!).


IRON MAN Tony Stark, who develops an invulnerable robotic suit to fight the throes of evil. In addition to being filthy rich, billionaire industrialist Tony Stark is also a genius inventor. When Stark is kidnapped and forced to build a diabolical weapon, he instead uses his intelligence and ingenuity to construct an indestructible suit of armor and escape his captors.

0 comments:

One of my cards has been featured on Etsy!