Saturday, May 31, 2008

Movie Review: Prince Caspian



A couple weeks ago, Vicki's 3rd grade teacher organized an after-school field trip to see The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. They had just finished reading the book in class and Vicki LOVED the book and was SO excited to see the movie.

I LOVED it! I think it was even better than the first one. I loved the costumes and the scenery. Vicki says it was a little different than the book, but it was still really good. The battle sequences were amazing! Definitely will be buying this one on DVD! It will be awesome on our HDTV! I really want to read the books... someday with all my free time... I recently found a book at Deseret that explains C.S. Lewis' symbolism of Christian themes in his writing--I'm anxious to get a copy of that and study it when I read the series. I can pick up a few things in the movies already--like the lion being symbolic of Christ and his sacrifice for others, for example. Anyway, great movie... beautiful cinematography, better acting, very well done.


0 comments:

One of my cards has been featured on Etsy!