Friday, August 15, 2008

Expecting the Unexpected

I wasn't expecting this... it wasn't planned... Here I thought I'd entered into a new chapter of my life, having all my kids in school, wondering if I was really ready for that chapter...
...and now I am expecting our third baby!
That's right, I'm expecting!
I'm going to have another baby after five years of thinking we were done! All I can say is I am grateful to know that Heavenly Father is in charge and to know that there must have been one more spirit child up there saying, "Hey, what about me? Don't forget me!" I'm grateful for the gospel in my life so I can be at peace with this unexpected turn on my path.

I am nervous, that is for sure. I am a lot older this time. I'm two years shy of the "at-risk pregnancy" age. I'm worried about everything being okay. I'm worried about the gap in age of my kids. I'm worried about gaining more weight when I had just a few months ago finally learned what was wrong with my body and started losing weight. But, at least I've been eating healthy and I've been walking a little over a mile every morning. So, I just have to have faith it will all work out okay. Just focus on keeping this baby healthy and I can worry about fixing my body later.

You know, people do say that you should never give away all your maternity clothes and your baby gear, because if you do, you're bound to have another baby. Nah, not me. I knew I was doing the right thing giving away all my baby gear and clothing to people who needed it more than me.
I thought I was in control of my plans.
Not true.
Heavenly Father is in control and He sees the bigger picture that for me is a little out of focus.
I should have expected that. =)

6 comments:

lindygirl said...

Congratultions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited for you to have another beautiful blessing in your life!!! This time it should be much easier because you have 2 amazing little helpers. Plus, you know what is important and what just doesn't matter.
I am so happy for you!

Erica Wyatt said...

WHATT????? My jaw is on the ground. I can't believe it. CONGRATS!!!! I'm sure it is a big shock, but certainly a blessing. Oh my heck. I am still in shock. I am especially in shock because I gave my maternity clothes away TODAY!!! AUGHHHHH!!!!! Love and miss ya. SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! DUE DATE????

JLB Family said...

Congratulations!!! I would love that surprise. I don't have any cloths to help you out. :) I hope you have a boy.

Jill said...

Congratulations Elaine! The unexpected is usually the best! I can vouch for giving away the maternity clothes and baby things. I was 16 weeks pregnant when I gave ours away, but didn't know it! You are a great mom and Heavenly Father sends us these blessing in his own way and time and I can see how "His way and time" has been a blessing in my life. Take care of yourself!

Elaine said...

Yea, shock is an understatement.
I've not been to the DR yet... they don't take you before 8-10 weeks these days... a lot has changed in the last six years...
But, I think I'm due April 6th.
Of course I will post to keep ya'll updated on every step. I added a due-date counter gadget on the side bar of my blog.

Naomi said...

YAY!!!! I am SOOOO excited for you! What a wonderful suprise! This little one will be so blessed to have a place in your family. I wish I was close by to help and to celebrate! I'll be thinking of you! Again. . . YAY!!!
:)

One of my cards has been featured on Etsy!