Well, now I understand why smart women wait until they have safely entered into their second trimester before blabbing their news to the world.
Something is wrong and I am sick about it.
I've been spotting for several days. Now, I went through that with Bridget, so I knew better than to totally freak out. But, when it was still happening today, I called the DR first thing and practically begged to be seen this week as opposed to waiting for Sept 8.
The ultrasound tech kindly squeezed me in her schedule @ 11 today. To my horror, she couldn't find the yolk sac or heartbeat. She said I am measuring too small to be 7 weeks. I told her I was pretty sure I ovulate later than the textbook says, so I could very well be 5 weeks along instead of 7. But, her demeanor scared me--she kept looking and obviously didn't find what was needed to assure me everything was okay. And she found a pocket of blood in my uterus.
This is not good.
They took my blood and said they'd call tomorrow with more information. I go in again on Wednesday for another blood draw. I don't understand what is going on and I'm scared. I've just stayed in bed all day today.
I really wish I hadn't posted the last post so soon. I really wish I hadn't told everyone. I really wish I hadn't started picking out names and telling family and shopping for stuff and registered to get stupid baby emails telling me what my baby would look like if it hadn't stopped progressing two weeks ago.
I don't want to talk to anyone about this. I'm only posting this so that I don't get anymore congratulations comments because it is premature to congratulate us. I should have known better than to share so soon.
Monday, August 18, 2008
More of the Unexpected
Posted by Elaine at 4:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh E. I feel your pain. I am so sorry. It really is the worst feeling. For me it messes me up emotionally more than anything. I hate pregnant women, I hate babies, I hate those stupid emails you get, I hate the dumb magazines and freebies you get in the mail. Hang in there. I know how you feel. I've been there 4 times. Not fun. If I have to do it one more time, I am officially DONE!! I will keep you in my prayers.
I'm praying for you Elaine. I know you will get through this. You are an incredible mother and a great example to me in so many ways. Take care of yourself and hang in there.
Naomi
Post a Comment