I so very much appreciate the emails and comments from everyone. It has given me hope that everything will be okay, or that I'll get through this with lots of support if it's not okay.
What has been the most helpful is knowing that Heavenly Father is well aware of what is going on and He is in charge of the big picture plan. I know He is in control and His purposes will unfold in time.
I'm sorry I'm not answering the phone. I am just not up for conversation until I know what is really going on. I just can't think straight and I already feel stupid for sharing our news prematurely, so I'd just rather keep to myself until I know what is really going on.
The ultrasound tech wasn't clear when I left yesterday--she had told me someone would call today telling me about my bloodwork from yesterday. She didn't say exactly what the bloodwork was for, either, although I kinda guessed that since we were doing two sets of bloodwork, they would be comparing numbers to see if there were changes... Well, I waited by the phone all day and finally called them @ 3:30. Turns out they had no intention of calling--yesterday's blood was just a baseline for tomorrow's blood. She said my numbers are very high, but they will be looking to see if they increase. If they do increase, it means that they will need to do another ultrasound and find out what is going on. No promises, but at least there's a chance the baby is still there. If the numbers go down, that indicates I am having a miscarriage.
So, I won't know anything until Thursday.
I'm just praying that I am right and the baby is only 5 weeks old instead of 7. That still doesn't explain why the tech couldn't find a heartbeat or yolk sac, but my hope is that it was just too early to see those things. They don't really give you more info than what you ask for, so I feel pretty much in the dark here. I'm sure they don't want to scare me or give me false hope either.
I'll post again on Thursday to let you know what I find out...
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Thanks for the support
Posted by Elaine at 5:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment